With so many pushchairs available, finding the right one that’s suitable for you and your baby or toddler can be overwhelming!
That’s why we’re sharing some of the most popular pushchairs for 2022 to help you find the one that’s the perfect match for you and your little one.
Take a look at our top picks…
1. Mamas and Papas, Airo
In the car, on the plane or in your favourite coffee spot, getting out and about with your baby or toddler is super easy with this lightweight pushchair. The super-slim Airo will have you gliding through city streets and tight spaces, then folding it up quickly using just one hand when it’s time to travel or store it away at home.
It’s so compact that it’ll tuck neatly into car boots and footwells, luggage racks and overhead compartments and can even be worn as a backpack when baby wants a toddle in the park.
Perfect from birth and for growing toddlers, the Airo’s seat sits fully upright so baby can watch the world without a fuss, then lies flat when it’s naptime. And with a snug liner, extra padding and knitted fabric, those snoozes will be even cosier. When the sun shines the breathable fabric will keep baby nice and cool, and it’s even machine washable – so there’s no need to worry about spillages on-the-go.
- Folds with one hand for quick and compact storage
- Baby can watch the world with the fully upright seat
- Feels and looks premium thanks to luxury trims and details
- Easily carry it when folded with straps and rucksack conversion
- Seat lies fully flat for easier, comfier naptimes
- Get the right height for your growing baby with the adjustable foot rest
Compare prices for the Mamas and Papas Airo here.
2. Silver Cross, Reflex
Stroll in style with the Silver Cross Reflex! With the baby curve airflow backrest and the softest newborn head hugger, it offers amazing stroller comfort for your baby.
The Reflex pushchair includes a unique new born head hugger, this deep padded insert creates a cosy and comfortable lie flat environment for your new born. There is also a beautiful leatherette bumper bar which is designed to fold in one piece with the stroller, making your life much easier.
The Reflex provides a beautifully smooth ride for both parent and child, it is suitable for children up to 25kg making it perfecting for growing boys and girls.
- Suitable from birth
- Seat unit with ergonomic curved support providing comfort and air flow
- Extendable pushing handles
- Simple, one hand compact fold with dual folding locks
- Puncture free swivel wheels
- Multi position seat recline with best in class lie-flat position
Compare prices of the Silver Cross Reflex here.
3. Cosatto Woosh XL
This supercharged yet sophisticated stroller is world facing but it also has the ability to transform into a full travel system. Suitable from birth up to 25kg and comes with a sturdy yet lightweight 6.8kg chassis that allows your toddler to use it for longer!
The Woosh can be folded with just one hand into a tight compact bundle allowing you to easily store while also saving valuable space.
The Woosh XL has been expertly crafted with beautiful, bright baby pleasing patterns to fuel their imagination.
- Suitable from birth to max weight of 25kg
- Simple, smooth concertina one-hand compact fold with auto lock for quick easy storage
- Easy one side foot brake and front and rear suspension
- Luxury tailored fabric with leatherette handle, contrast curved seams and baby-pleasing patterns
- Lockable swivel front wheels for quick manoeuvres
Compare prices of the Cosatto Woosh XL here.
4. Cybex, Melio
The Cybex Melio is ultra-lightweight, modern and convenient – it weighs only 5.9kg. Tailor-made for fast-paced urban life, with one hand the Melio can be folded into a self-standing stroller, measuring only 69 x 49 x 29 cm.
Convenient for crowded spaces like underground trains, cafes or smaller living spaces. The reversible seat unit lets your little one relax in a parent-facing or forward-forward position. The Melio also features a removable comfort inlay and a breathable mesh in the backrest for healthy air circulation.
- Use from newborn to 3 years (approx)
- Compact fold & Super lightweight
- Lie-flat position, Breathable backrest – made from mesh
- One-hand recline with Foam Handle
- Reversible seat unit, Removable comfort inlay
- Front shock absorbers, Soft rear wheel suspension
Compare prices of the Cybex, Melio here.
Will the buggy fit in my car?
Our online tool will tell you whether your Buggy should fit in your Car Boot and in what position or orientation it will fit. Select your buggy brand and model or enter your car registration, find out here.
5. iCandy, Lime
iCandy pushchairs are meticulously designed and painstakingly tested to ensure that every single component is engineered to perfection. The Lime is a multi-function, compact-fold travel system that takes your baby from birth to 25kgs and has the added benefit of an integrated ride-on board.
The Lime features a new fold system called TotalFold. This means the Lime folds quickly and easily with the seat unit and bumper bar still attached, resulting in one of the fastest and most compact folds available. As a complete travel system, the Lime takes functionality to the next level. With car seat adaptors included you can attach your compatible car seat or use the spacious carrycot which is suitable for permanent overnight sleeping.
For parents who have an older sibling, the Lime’s innovative integrated ride-on board offers the perfect solution. It holds up to 20kg and avoids the hassle and expense of an additional attachment which can get in the way of your feet.
- Suitable from birth to 25kg
- Large carrycot suitable for permanent overnight sleeping
- New TotalFold system – folds seamlessly and easily with seat unit and bumper bar attached
- Integrated ride-on board to accommodate an older sibling
- Parent and world-facing seat unit with 5 position recline
- Puncture-proof ERP tyres
- Removable front and rear wheels
Compare prices of the iCandy, Lime here.
6. Bugaboo, Fox 2
The Bugaboo Fox 2 is the ultimate comfort pushchair. Perfect for going outdoors, travelling and shopping – and is always easy to use and smooth to push.
It features a unique chassis design and large puncture-proof wheels so that you can easily steer it with one-hand through any terrain.
The advanced suspension system will guarantee a smooth ride on all surfaces. This means more comfort for your baby and more convenience for you. No effort, just go! City rides, beach days, hiking trips will all feel like a walk in the park.
Its lightweight design also makes it easy to transport and lift up- and downstairs. It has a one-piece self-standing fold in any configuration, or a more compact two-piece fold for easy and convenient handling and storage.
You may also wish to consider the newest model, the Bugaboo Fox 3 which has some very useful features that the Fox 2 does not. These include more comfortable seats, better ventilation for warmer days, and a more comfortable harness.
However, the cost of the Fox 3 is considerably higher than the Fox 2, so if you’re on a budget, the Fox 2 is still a commendable stroller and ready to offer you and your baby top comfort, wherever you go!
- Advanced central-joint and front-wheel suspension
- Large wheels for a stable ride on any kind of terrain
- Strong and sturdy, yet light enough to be easily lifted and carried
- One-piece self-standing fold in any configuration or Compact two-piece fold for easy and convenient storage
- Suitable from birth
- Reversible and reclinable seat, facing parent or facing the world
Compare prices of the Bugaboo, Fox 2 here.
7. Ickle Bubba, Globe Prime
Go global with the Ickle Bubba Globe Prime. Designed for anywhere and everywhere, this ultra-compact first-class traveller folds and unfolds like a dream.
A luxury urban cruiser weighing just 6.4kg this is perfect for public transport making it easier than ever to meet up with friends for a drink, catch a taxi, hop onto the tube or fly to the other side of the world. Carry on your shoulder or push with one hand as you and your little one embark on a global adventure.
Suiting your baby from birth to 15kg, this is the perfect choice for you and your family. The large extendable UPF 50 hood not only protects your child from sunlight but will also help to provide your baby with a cosy and comforting place to sleep whilst on the go. The one handed 3-position seat recline and front and rear suspension allows for a much smoother ride.
For additional safety whilst on the go, the Ickle Bubba Globe Prime features fully adjustable safety straps with 3 shoulder height positions for added comfort and support. For extra style whilst on the go, the tan leatherette handles add that extra edge that you are sure to love.
- Suitable from birth to 15kg
- Lightweight 6.4kg aluminium frame that is ultra-compact
- One handed 3-position seat recline and adjustable leg rest for ultimate comfort
- Fully adjustable safety straps with 3 shoulder height positions
- Front and rear suspension for a smooth ride
Compare prices of the Ickle Bubba, Globe Prime here.
8. Nuna, Triv
We think the Nuna Triv is a fully-featured compact pushchair which is perfect for city living or jet-setting travellers. It’s cleverly designed with a seat that can face both ways, fold both way and can easily convert to a travel system.
It’s robust yet impressively light and compact, so it’s a practical option if you use public transport frequently or expect to be lifting it in and out of your car boot. It’s also a good travel option.
It’s a clever combination of a sturdy, versatile travel system with all the perks of a lightweight buggy. It’s also super easy to fold and has great suspension to cope with all sorts of terrain from muddy parks to uneven pavements. It offer similar features to the Nuna Mixx but much lighter.
- Suitable from birth to 22kg
- Forward and rearward facing seat unit and 4 position recline
- Lightweight compact one-hand fold
- Spring suspension technology
- Luxe leatherette accented handlebar and bumper bar
- Folds up quickly with one hand and stands on its own
Compare prices of the Nuna, Triv here.
You can find the latest prices for buggies across the entire market using our price comparison tool here.
Comments by Hazel Spencer